Re: [NTLK] Accessing AppleTalk net via WLAN

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 16:54:12 EDT

hubertus wrote:
> Dear Newtonians,
>
> It works fine with software base station and
> computer to computer network. <snip> But I can't connect to the appletalk
> network, i.e. my laserprinter and other macs. Is this possible? I use
> 9.2 and the Airport software. How should I configure it?

If your using the Apple SOFTWARE Base Station (not a real Base Station),
then your Newton will not be able to connect to anything on the other
side of the Software Base Station. This is because the Software Base
Station is using a NAT service. So computers on the other side of the
Software Base Staion can't communicate back through the NAT service to
the Newton.

It might be possible to setup a port mapping though to let communication
back through the NAT service. I am using this same setup at home as
well, and I'll be trying this to see what happens.