Re: [NTLK] fountainpen and stylus

From: Murray, Tom (TMurray_at_usequities.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 11:11:21 EDT

About three years ago I picked up a Rotring Quattro pen ($49) that offers
the functionality of:

black ink pen
fine pencil
stylus
ink highlighter

Shortly thereafter, I found that the Sharper Image was selling what looked
exactly like the Rotring Quattro (which had a matte black finish) but had an
aluminum silver finish plus was approx. $20 cheaper at approx. $25. I
purchased this as an extra, one for home, one for work. Both worked fine
for approx. 1 year at which point I lost the Rotring and found the SI pen
had a problem with the end of the pencil coming loose and not working.

Two months ago I went into SI to ask them if there were any kind of warranty
so I could get the pencil issue taken care of. The sales person asked to
look at it. Much to my surprise, he took the pen from me, reached under the
counter and gave me a brand new one, no questions asked. I don't know if
this one will have the same pencil issue (works fine so far) but you rarely
find this kind of service anywhere so I thought I would pass it along.

I just received the Cross "Matrix" - it is a combination of a Fountain Pen,
Stylu, and black/red pen.
<snip>