[NTLK] NIE 1.1 @ 115200 bps

From: Jacek Jadwiszczak (yatza_at_dcc.pl)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 14:09:02 EDT

Hi,
I'm not sure this one wasn't posted before. If so, forgive me for stating the obvious. :)
Yesterday I finally managed to set my Linux box as a router for MP130, so it can access the net via ppp connection. By default NIE 1.1 offers "direct serial" configuration at 19200 bps only. Nice, but not exactly the fastest ;)

Now a quick guide on "How to get 115200bps":
1) Using InternetSetup create and configure "DirectLink 19.2"
2) If 1) works fine at 19200, use your favourite soup editor to modify "LinkSettings" soup
3) Find your newly created entry and go to "openoptions" slot (it's 6-slot array)
4) In this array, find slot "data". It should have 19200 as a value
5) Modify this to 115200 and store changes back in the soup.

That's it. From now on, Newton will use 115200 for NIE. It's working great for null-modem connections :) The PC on the other side reports 115200 as link speed and you can see the difference in mail download.

I hope this would be useful to someone :))

Regards,
        Jacek

--
Newton did it! (powered by MP130)