Re: [NTLK] Taking notes on Newton

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 23:10:59 EDT

on 22/04/02 22:31, Stephen Swift (aka Burnum) at burnum_at_mac.com wrote:

> At 4/22/02 10:50 AM, Adrian Morrison (Sage4_at_mac.com) Wrote:
>
>> you could download graphiti for the newton
>
> I've heard about this. Is this the same graphiti the palm uses or am I
> mixing the two up. It seems everyone has something negative to say about th=
> palm's HWR. I think if most people can get 95-100% using regular Newton HW=
> there's no reason I can't too with a little bit of work.

Forget about Graffiti. That will just slow you down. Your time would be
better spent by tuning the HWR in your Newton.

-Laurent.

COBOL /koh'bol/ n.: [COmmon Business-Oriented Language] (Synonymous with evil.) A weak, verbose, and flabby language used by card wallopers to do boring mindless things on dinosaur mainframes. Hackers believe that all COBOL programmers are suits or code grinders, and no self-respecting hacker will ever admit to having learned the language. Its very name is seldom uttered without ritual expressions of disgust or horror. One popular one is Edsger W. Dijkstra's famous observation that "The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."