Re: [NTLK] OT - Off Topic - Brakes

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 23:04:26 EDT

Well, I was taught at Bill Scott Racing school that
the left foot on the brake can do some remarkable
things! Like put a rearwheel drive car into a spin
(helpful if you need to turn around quickly) plus it
allows you to "power-steer" through a turn in a
frontwheel drive car. And when trying to maneouver a
slalom at high speeds, you can force the rear of the
car to "jerk" around to snap your steering accuratly
around the cones! (don't get me started on the fun you
can have with the Parking Brake!)
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Karel Jansens <kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be> wrote:

> On Monday 22 April 2002 23:12, Frank Gruendel wrote:
> > > This is generally perceived
> > > as the main advantage of ABS: You can ram your
> left foot down and
> > > focus on the stuff on the road in front of you
> (and most importantly:
> > > how to avoid said stuff).
> >
> > Excuse my ignorance, but... Is anybody out there
> really using his *left*
> > foot for
> > the brake pedal??
> >

> It takes about half a bottle of quality wodka to
> come up with a scheme
> like that. And I'm a clutch driver, which makes it
> even worse...
>
> --
> Karel Jansens

=====