Re: [NTLK] OT - Off topic - US drivers

From: Andre Baron (abaron_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 08:46:31 EDT

Actually it's against the law, at least in Canada (and since traffic laws
are almost identical us canada...) I used to follow this rule and sit behind
the guy flashining headlights trying to get him to move over. I finally
figured out that it is much les stressfull just to pass on the right. The
problem with US and Canadian drivers is that they think they rule the left
lane, and if someone wants to get by then tough luck, they are probably
speeding and should slow down anyways! But then again I think that is the
general selfrightious North American attitude showing through. Thank god
that here (in europe) if the people don't move over, once you flash your
headlights the move!

André