Re: [NTLK] MEMORY CARDS!

From: Stephanie Maks (newton_at_maksystems.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 13:41:15 EDT

> IIRC, the eMate cannot deal at all with a 5v/12v card, but I'm sure someone
> will correct me if I'm wrong...
>
> -Laurent.

eMates can read 5v/12v cards. Upon insertion you get a message that the card
will be used read-only.

If the card is empty, you get a message to the effect that the card is not
going to help you unless you go and put stuff on it first.

Now I have a question about cards. I have two PCMCIA cards that are
pre-loaded. One of them is the Columbo game, and the other one is the
Getting Started card.

The Columbo game works fine on my eMate and it works fine on my MP2100 (if I
put it in portrait mode). The Getting Started card brings up a message
saying that it needs to be formatted, and that you can't format it cos it's
a read-only card.

It's verified that the Getting Started card works in a MP100. Is there any
hope of making it work in either my MP2100 or eMate?

-Stephanie

http://www.felesmagus.com/newton/