[NTLK] Modem woes

From: Dar, S.- Shabaz - (S.Dar_at_Canon-Europa.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 10:12:30 EDT

-----Original Message-----

+This is usually a sign that the phone cable is wired wrong, the
+firmware should still sense the dialtone, ensure that the cable from
+the card to the socket is the original one and NOT one from another
+modem as they are quite often wired differently, also try on the phone
+master socket rather than an extension socket, if that fails, then
+either the modem or the cable is probably faulty.
+Ben.

Ben,

The modem has an EZjack instead of a cable (they look extremely flimsy ;).
The cable from the jack to the wall socket came from my laptop, which works.
Is this what you are referring to? Sending the modem back is a last resort -
it came from the US and would be a pain to return, but as the pc can query
it, i thought it was fine.

Shabaz