Re: [NTLK] Cross Duo

From: Seth Hurwitz (shurwit1_at_jhmi.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 09:54:59 EDT

> I can't see a problem in wiping it
>down if it gets crud on it. BTW - it is replaceable too. You can get

My understanding is it's the crud we can't see that we need to worry
about. I use a NuShield which has suffered some serious scratches
despite the stylus appearing *very* clean (I always return it to the
Newton after use). Granted, the NuShield is softer and probably more
prone to scratching than the Newton screen. Here's a link to the
oft-cited article on this topic:

http://www.nushield.com/Stylus_Damage.htm

This does raise the question (at least for me) of whether we need to
worry about "dirty" styli if we use a NuShield or homegrown alternative.
Is it possible to scratch through the NuShield and into the Newton
screen during normal (non-Schwarzenegger) use?

Seth
http://www.mild7.net

P.S. Thanks for the responses to my question about personal finance
apps. I'm re-trying Pocket Money with Quicken and Notion waiting in the
wings.