Re: [NTLK] OT: on OT

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 14:24:20 EDT

on 24-04-2002 7:13, SlashDevNull at slashdevnull_at_mac.com wrote:

> Some people see it as a place to discuss ONLY newtons.
>
> Others see it as a list or community for Newton users to discuss things,
> primarily the Newton.

And there is a third option, people that see the list for discussing Newton
related first and don't mind some off-topic stuff as long as it doesn't
overtake the list as a whole.

Since I'm in this last category (of course ;-) I would like to mention one
of the not-so-nice side effects that seems to be happening, and not just to
me.

If the traffic becomes this high with so much OT in it I tend to accidently
delete on-topic Newton related questions that normally I would dig up out of
my deleted items folder, but I won't/can't be bothered after I just deleted
over 50 messages unread.

Since the 'my question wasn't heard' posts seem to grow as OT traffic grows
it seems that I'm not the only one that has this problem.

Nobody minds OT traffic but if it dwarfs the original list subject (the
Newton) I think Rich is right and it would be best to move it to another
list.

I'm never been a big OT fan, but recent volume made me speak out.

Robert Benschop