Re: [NTLK] Copy Protected NIE packages?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 22:44:48 EDT

on 24/04/02 21:25, Rob Hoehn at rob_at_hoehn.com wrote:

> Just got my new 2100 (upgrade from 2000). I thought I could just beam the
> ethernet drivers and NIE to the new newt and then do a restore with NCU. Now
> the newt says I can't beam these packages b/c they are copy protected. Why
> is that? Does it mean that I have to connect via serial no matter what to
> get the drivers on to it? Thanks.

Yes, something like that. For some reason, some packages part of NIE cannot
be beamed. I thought that those that you could beam would be enough to let
you connect to NCU. Did you try to beam those that didn't give an error
message?

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows, misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly abbreviated BSOD.)