[NTLK] ADSP on MacOSX

From: Gianni Ceccarelli (ceccarel_at_cibslogin.sns.it)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 11:50:41 EDT

This might be of interest to developers only...

I have discovered this little undocumented "feature":
On the MacOSX volume, folder /System/Library/Frameworks/AppleTalk.framework
, there's a (link to a) file called 'AppleTalk'. It's a dynamic
library, with (among others) functions for using ADSP, ASP, ATP, DDP,
ZIP, NBP, PAP, i.e. most of the AppleTalk protocols (AFP is
implemented in two other libraries, which are well documented).

Now, if I (we) can just find out the declaration for those functions,
I think we should be able to use ADSP on MacOSX to connect to our
newtons. PROVIDED THAT we rewrite the DILs, of course ;-)

--

Dakkar - <Mobilis in mobile> GPG public key fingerprint = 8C5A D30D DF7E 5ACF 7CBA A5FF F8E1 94B0 8B2C 5ADF key id = 0x8B2C5ADF

If you're not very clever you should be conciliatory. -- Benjamin Disraeli