Re: [NTLK] Newton battery questions

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 16:53:43 EDT

On 29/04/02 16:40, "Richard Barraclough" <richard_at_sigma.ndo.co.uk> wrote:

> How do you recondition? Is there software to do it on the Newton like on
> PowerBooks?

The only way you can recondition is by completely discharging the battery
and then recharging it. That is, if it's not too late to squeeze it. I've
read a few times that a battery that is subjected to a large power (or was
it voltage, Frank?) for a very short period of time can be salvaged for a
little while, but I've never tried that myself.

-Laurent.

Evil Empire n.: [from Ronald Reagan's famous characterization of the
communist Soviet Union] Formerly IBM,now Microsoft. Functionally, the
company most hackers love to hate at any given time. Hackers like to see
themselves as romantic rebels against the Evil Empire, and frequently adopt
this role to the point of ascribing rather more power and malice to the
Empire than it actually has. See also Borg and search for Evil Empire pages
on the Web.