Re: [NTLK] Earthlink DSL & Newton

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 23:45:59 EDT

I don't think it's possible...unfortunatly, the Newt's
ethernet capabilities are extremly primative. We're
lucky to get out to to the internet at all! (back when
the Newt was developed, the internet was still a toy
played with by geeks! Marketing people were still
hawking their wares via print and radio media...)
Why is a second NIC not an option? Cost? Hassle? No
more ports? Let us know, perhaps we can help...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Daniel Padilla <daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es> wrote:
> Do you know by any chance a way to connect via
> the serial port to the
> newton? Using win98se? My problem is that a second
> NIC is not an option.
>
> I have tried with mochaPPP. It works with my
> yopy but not with the Newton.
>
> Daniel Padilla

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting