Re: [NTLK] OOOooooohh e-Bay, I am scared now: was Re: HUGE Newton

From: Alex (admeddemda_at_f-m.fm)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 01:16:43 EDT

> > > Who cares where you sell the stuff. I hope you get a good price for it.
> > > (not a personal attack, just a silly observation.)
> > > Rich
> >
> >I don't think that any threat is implied. Rather the seller wants to see
> >NewtonTalkers get the first crack. In fact, I'm sure I would have
> >made more money on ebay, but I wanted to see my Newts go to good homes.
> >Dave
>
>Hehheh... something like the same with my hamsterbabies... Like to
>see them go to good loving and careing homes instead of the cold
>animal-pet shop around the corner...
>Cheers,
>Barb

Come on folks! We're talking newtons here, not live, breathing,
feeling, emoting animals. I mean, I love my newt, but if I was going
to sell it, I wouldn't be too concerned about a "good home", just a
place where somebody wants it so perhaps it avoids landfill a little
longer....

I just read some stats that mentioned over 10 million dogs and cats
are put to death prematurely _each year_ in pounds and shelters in
the USA, bc they're unwanted. Now that's something I can feel sick
about. But finding my newt a good home? Who cares! Just try to keep
it out of landfill.

Perhaps the real motivation behind the 'newton good home' thing is if
a newt is sold to a listee, or someone who knows a thing or two about
'em, the seller has far less headache after the deal. Let's face it,
the newton and all its tons of cool shareware and freeware can be
hard to slog through, for a newbie. I know I'd take less $$ for a
newton to sell it to someone knowledgeable, than suffer the possible
headaches of an ebay sale.

regards,
~Alex
still in preX mac jabber frustration!!!