Re: [NTLK] listar restrictions

From: Simon Wright (diver06_at_attglobal.net)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 17:26:03 EDT

>Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 08:55:49 -0400
>From: "Eric L. Strobel" <fyzycyst_at_comcast.net>

>Further, I would urge the entire list to use the convention of two '-'
>together on a single line prior to your signature block (as you see below

Eric, the convention is actually for Usenet rather than e-mail
lists, however it it is true that many e-mailers will recognise
it for what it means and dump the signature. However I should
point out that the convention is actually:
"-- "
which is hypen hyphen space followed by a hard return rather
than just the two hyphens that you mentioned. Small difference
but "--" has no meaning in Usenet terms other than that someone
hit the hyphen key twice!

HTH.

--
Simon Wright

Real mail to undiver06 at gmx dot net Remove un from diver06

Moalboal - the most affordable diving in the Philippines . . . http://www.moalboal.ws