[NTLK] Open-Sourcing the NewtonOS

From: Ethan Clark (eclark_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 16:41:27 EDT

As a subscriber to a couple of Apple's Darwin mailing lists, I know that there is an official way to request that Apple open-source pieces of software. Granted, this process is probably Darwin-related, but certainly there should be a way that the Newton communty could officially request such a thing. Does anyone know whether Apple has officially been asked to open-source the NewtonOS? Is this something anyone cares to have happen?

Oh, and I need to apologize for my last post to this list. I think it would qualify as trolling/flaming (whatever people call these things in discussions) due to a couple of my comments about the x86 architecture. I really didn't mean to insult anyone (if I did)

Ethan Clark