Re: [NTLK] Armistice card

From: Grant [Rest Assured] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 18:41:45 EDT

In a previous message, Frank Gruendel typed vigorously:

>I have recently read that Apple had a hardware card called
>"Armistice" or something which they used to test their Newton
>software without a Newton. I'd expect this must have been a
>NuBus card. Does anyone out there have info on that card? I
>did try Google, but somehow the combination of "Apple",
>"Newton" and "Armistice" produces heaps of results that
>aren't useful.

I purchased an Armistice card, an Armageddon card, and a second Bunn
Warmer prototype from a fellow in Massachusetts a couple of months ago. I
haven't had much time to play with them yet, or even see if the cards
function in one of my old NuBus Macs. I do however have a bit of
additional information provided by the guy who originally owned this
lovely box full of Newton development goodies. I'll dig it up and forward
it to the list once I get home tonight.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/
Online community web site handyman. http://www.newted.net/