Re: [NTLK] loosing me

From: machula (barpoes_at_xs4all.nl)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 09:38:09 EDT

>Barb,
>
>Please don't give up. You'll get it working very soon!

***ohhh wish that were true....
In general I am an optimist but there is little optimism left right now...

>In another email (off-list), you asked various questions about the HSCSD
>supporting login script that I sent you (also off-list). Lets leave that to
>one side for a while since your priority is to get a basic data connection
>working, no matter what speed.

***that would be great!

>Please forgive me if some of the points below are rather obvious!
>
>1. Disable the "Require PIN" feature of your GSM SIM, using your phone.

***did that

>2. Put the SIM in the Card Phone 2.0 (it is a 2.0 isn't it?).

***did that

>3. Download and install Scrawlsoft's PT100
>(http://www.scrawlsoft.com/products/pt100/info.html)

***did that

>4. Download and install Christian Fiutak's Card Phone modem setup
>(http://www.fiutak.de/newton/index.html)

***gotit

>5. With the Card Phone inserted in the Newton, use PT100 to talk to it.
>Create a "direct serial session" PT100 session, with the PT100 session
>serial port set to the appropriate PCMCIA port. Connect and then type:
>AT&F <return> (restore the "factory" configuration)

***it says OK

>ATE1 <return> (turns on echo)

***it says OK

>ATDTyourISPnumber (dials)

***it says: CARRIER

>(If, at this point, you get "ERROR" returned, then you probably do need a
>PIN. In that case, type:
>
>AT+CPIN="yourPIN" <return> (quotes necessary)
>
>before the ATDT).
>
>After a short delay, you should get:
>
>CARRIER
>
>and after a further short delay:
>
>CONNECT 9600
>
>If that doesn't work, come back to me. If it does, great!

***:-)

>6. Exit PT100 and, using the Newt's "Internet Setup" application, create a
>suitable configuration for your ISP. You'll need info like the addresses of
>the DNS servers and your login and password as well as the access number.
>Set the "Modem Settings" in this configuration to Christian's Card Phone
>setup mentioned above.

***HALLELUJAHHHHIT WORKS!!!HALLELUJAHHHHIT WORKS!!!
HALLELUJAHHHH
HALLELUJAHHHH
IT WORKS!!!

>7. If it turns out that you do need a PIN (some GSM carriers do not allow
>the PIN to be deactivated), use modem modifier to add +CPIN="yourPIN"
>(quotes necessary) to the modem initialization strings in Christian's Card
>Phone setup.
>
>8. Start an Internet application (e.g. NetHopper, NewtScape or SimpleMail),
>connect and watch it dial!
>
>Good luck,
>
>Simon

***Thank you soooo incredibly much!
I got the connection working, dont know exactly at what speed, but it
seems pretty fast.
This has been a terrible ordeal and I am so happy it works now!!!!
You have been a great help,
I will serve margarita's this friday to celebrate,
Big hug to you!

Barb

--

******************************************************************************* MACHULA DESIGN BARBARA DE MACHULA BLOEMGRACHT 81 1016 KH AMSTERDAM THE NETHERLANDS