Re: [NTLK] PPP over serial connection

From: Scott C. Gregory (scgregory_at_bigpond.com)
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 18:34:00 EDT

Yep, I use my 2100 connected with my NT server using RAS all the time.
Works a treat. Can surf the web and download using PPP no trouble.
I haven't been able to get it to work with my XP Pro machine though with
the RAS on that, all though NCU works fine on my XP machine at 56000
without any slowdown programs etc. etc.

> Does anyone have any further experience or technical notes
> regarding how
> PPP or SLIP operates in the Newton? It seems that it should
> be simple
> to set up an internet link through the serial port and surf the web
> without a NIC.

The PPP connection seems pretty much standard. My 2100 connects to the
server and it issues it with an IP from a range I have set using DHCP.

Hope this sheds some light.

Scott