Re: [NTLK] Hardware?

From: Dave Christensen (dc623_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 18:46:45 EDT

I cannot visualize anything else that sprint would require
that verizon doesnt. My data cable is the same used by any
motorola 786x phone, the same phones are used by Sprint,
AllTel, Verizon, and some CDMA carriers in Australia.
Qualcomm, Samsung, Nokia, and et.al. have their own cables
with proprietary phone side connectors, these should all
work as long as you can terminate it to a DB9 connector,
then to the Apple serial DIN then to the dongle. Be careful
in the DIN-DB9 adapters you use, my old SE/30 modem cable
failed miserably.

Keep in mind that most newer phones are supporting USB to
phone cables, these will not work with our newtons.

Cheers