[NTLK] Newton Toolkit not launching under 10.2 Classic

From: Steven Frank (stevenf_at_panic.com)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 01:29:08 EDT

I hope this isn't an FAQ. I did spend some time searching the list!

I can't launch Newton Toolkit under Classic on Mac OS X 10.2.
Immediately on launch, it says "Could not start the application because
of some unknown error."

I am using 1.6.4 from the NewtonDev archive on UNNA.

I have the modem tool, serial tool, and ADSP in my OS 9 Extensions
folder.

I have a KeySpan adapter installed, if it's looking for a serial port.

I have AppleTalk enabled on OS X.

Does this just not work, or is there a trick?

Steven