Re: [NTLK] Reactions to Wired Article * from Muniz and Schau

From: Ken Hagler (khagler_at_orange-road.com)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 13:48:38 EDT

on 8/30/2002 10:26 AM, Gary Moody wrote:

> I think that the negative reaction some are having, myself included, with
> the results of your study have more to do with the fact that we, as a group,
> were being studied for the purpose of publication *without* our explicit
> knowledge or permission than with your specific observations/conclusions.

That's not what happened. Back in February they (quite publicly) asked
people on the list to answer a series of questions. I was one of the people
who did, in fact. Writing and emailing answers to those questions pretty
clearly counts as explicit knowledge and permission.

--
                              Ken Hagler

| ICQ#: 34591293 | For PGP key send mail with | | http://www.orange-road.com/ | subject "Send PGP Key". | | And tho' we are not now that strength which in old days | | Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are --Tennyson |