[NTLK] FW: All about imports (data, that is)

From: David Busey (im-wired_at_attbi.com)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 02:15:24 EST

Hey everyone...

No, this isn't OT regarding import cars but how to import various types of
existing data into my 2100.

There's gotta be a tutorial out there someplace but I have yet to scrounge
anything. I'd love it if somebody could point me to one:

a.) I've got some notepad like material on my Mac that I grabbed off my
previous PDA before I sold it. Now I'd like to dump it from my Mac to my
Newton's notepad. What's the slickest way to accomplish this transfer?

b.) At work, the admin maintains a spreadsheet of everyone in the office
with their extension, pager & cell number. I could care less about name
cards for everybody but if it could retain the simple grid, spreadsheet
format, that'd be cool. What's the spreadsheet software for the Newton
called, where can I get it, and how do I transfer the file from my desktop
computer into the Newton?

  [[ Noticing any pattern yet that's revealing my area of ignorance?? ]]

c.) How about a comma delimited file with names, addresses & phone numbers?
What order to the fields need to be in and how do I dump it into the "Names"
app in the Newton??

Maybe just a full user guide to NCU would do the trick. All I have is the
read-me that came with the app download but that can't be all there is.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Cheers,

--
David Busey
Beaverton, OR