Re: [NTLK] iphone

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 11:52:54 EST

> I agree with you, however the same was said of the ipod when it was
> released. I recall speculation was they wouldn't sell more than a few
> thousand to mac diehards as the mp3 market was saturated.

I think the important difference here is that Apple had a product in
the iPod that was easily the best in its' class, and there wasn't much
in the way of strong competition. (And a deceptively simple product to
produce; it's essentially a hard drive with a simple interface.) I
don't think that'd be the case with a mobile phone; I don't think it'd
be the case with an Apple-branded PDA, either, which is why the company
hasn't entered either venue.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html