[NTLK] Newbie Newt Networking

From: Paul Carlson (carlsonp_at_wctc.net)
Date: Sun Dec 01 2002 - 21:40:07 EST

Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a few days, enjoying a lot of what I've
read. You see, I have jumped on board the Newt train, and have an MP130
on the way. But I think I might be sad...seems everything I've read
here, on FAQs, and Newtsites indicate that I won't be able to wirelessly
network the 130. Even ethernet looks doubtful. I think I wrongly
assumed that since the 130 had a PC card slot, that I could stick an
ethernet card in it.

Should I have bit the bullet and gone for the 2100? They are mighty
pricey on eBay lately. Being new to the Newt, I thought I'd test the
waters before diving in...hence the 130.

[FWIW, I started shopping around before the MacAddict feature, and to my
untrained eyes, seems that prices (on eBay, anyway) have crept up since
that article...but I have since found more affordable sources for
2100s...what's a decent price nowadays?]

Any suggestions on the MP130 networking question would be appreciated.
In the meantime I'm off to find an email client that will sort all these
messages. ... "Mail" just isn't cutting it. :)

Cheers to all,

Paul Carlson
in chilly Wisconsin

(where many wear loud stocking caps, i.e. blaze orange)

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html