Re: [NTLK] eMate vs Alphasmart Dana

From: Richard Plume (rplume_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 00:25:08 EST

    I' ve used a variety of portable devices over the past few years
including Tandy systems (102, 200 and WP-2), Newtons, Mac portables, Palm
and WinCE handhelds. The one thing they all had in common was they worked
well for the task which I needed at the time.

    I no longer use the Tandys or the Palm Pro (all were sold ages ago) but
I do use a Newton, an iBook and my NEC MobilePro 700 on a regular basis.

    I would suggest you buy an AlphaSmart Dana and give it to your employees
to test for a couple of weeks. Is the application they will be using
available on the Palm platform? Do they like the screen and keyboard? Is
there sufficient battery life for the task at hand? Does the unit stand up
to the abuse a portable is often subjected to? Only you and your employees
can answer these questions.

    Never be afraid of moving on. The important thing is that the device you
use be suited to the task you need to do.

    If you decide to try out the Dana, I'd be interested in hearing how you
and your employees use it and their thoughts on it.

    Hope this helps,

    Rick

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html