[NTLK] The Terrible State Of Beer Supply in the USA? WAS: Beer from Germany

From: Ben Wells (headwerkx_at_iprimus.com.au)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 08:21:28 EST

>>> No problem. If you are prepared for the fact that the cheapest way
>>> of shipping 5 cans of the good German beer is US$10...
>> Cans?!
> Ye gods ideed... Cans? What you have to do is use the trans-atlantic
> beer
> pipeline...

Drink enough cans, take the bottom and top out, push them together you
can build your own one whilst recycling ;-)

More to the point, are you telling me it is impossible to get imported
German beer in the US? If so - superpower my foot!! my lord, how can
Bush chase after Saddam when his countryman have unsatisfactory beer!

Of course, what you guys call "full-strength" we refer to as
"poofter-piss" and is usually only consumed because you have to drive
somewhere afterwards or are too scant to buy anything better than
Tooheys Gold. Here in St. Kilda Australia (a country also known for
beer of a splendid nature) we have a bottle shop that sells over 300
brands of beer. Most of them have to be German 'cuz we refuse to drink
that warm heavy ale crap Poms put up with!

But as Mah Pappy always said, "Never drink anything you can't
pronounce". Eine bier bitte!
(Actually Mah Pappy was David Lee Roth and he said "Never drink
anything you can't see through"... obviously being suitable for
consumption, he then slugged half a bottle of Vodka and somehow managed
to remain upright.)

> Hey did you all hear the good news? Fedex and UPS are going to
> merge soon, the new company will be called FedUp

Ha! I tell you what, I'm sick of US-based online dealer who don't offer
USPS International Airmail... like anyone in their right mind will
spend US$30 to send a US$5 bit across the Pacific....

Ben.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html