Re: [NTLK] Beer from Germany

From: Michael Robb (michaelrobb_at_ohnodesign.com)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 12:47:53 EST

Alright, I have to share this beer and Newton story.

There is a group of us sitting in a restaurant in a little Polish town on
the Baltic. Some of the world's finest beers are available to us, dirt
cheap. When someone in the group asks if the restaurant serves Miller Lite.

Believe it or not but they did, for five dollars a bottle. Outrageously
expensive for Poland at the time. No amount of persuasion would convince
this woman from Iowa to even try one of the many other beers available to
her.

At the time I had borrowed a Newton 2100 to take along on the trip. We
stayed at a clinic for about a month and I was the only one that could
connect to the internet and check email. Mostly due to the fact that the
scripting ability in the Newton was so simple to set up that it allowed me
to get out of the in-house phone system and then navigate through the Polish
3rd party internet service to AT&T World Net.

But that was years ago and quite a few beers later.

Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html