Re: [NTLK] Palm negative comments (was eMate vs Alphasmart Dana)

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 13:01:07 EST

> I've never used a Palm device long enough to figure out graffiti...
> occasionally I play with a friend's m100 and spend most of my time
> staring at the Graffiti hints sheet. But I could see, for some, that
> Graffiti's shorthand-style alphabet COULD perhaps be a very fast - if
> not particularly intuitive - way to input data.

Once you get the hang of it, I can see how Graffiti would be a very
fast way to write; it's easy to learn, and the letterforms are (for the
most part) very intuitive. Writing letters wasn't much of a problem
(for me, anyway), but switching between upper- and lower-case and
punctuation was more difficult. And I found it difficult to get used to
writing in the Graffiti area, instead of actually seeing the strokes on
screen.

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html