[NTLK] A question for Newton programmer-types -- last remaining major hitch in iCal sync

From: John Anderson (dearjohn_at_everchanging.com)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 13:29:53 EST

I'm trying to search a soup for a record that has a specific unique ID.
One would think this would be a fairly easy task:

currentSoupName := "Calendar";
currentQuerySpec := currentQuerySpec := { validTest:func(entry)
EntryUniqueID(entry) = 216 };

theSoup := GetUnionSoupAlways(currentSoupName);
currentCursor := theSoup:Query(currentQuerySpec);
currentEntry := currentCursor:Entry();
ep:MOutput(NumberStr(currentCursor:CountEntries()));

...but this always outputs 0, even a download of the Calendar soup with
SoupLadle shows a record with a unique ID of 216. The Unique ID is a
number, correct? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for anybody's help with this issue; once I figure this out I'm
pretty much finished with NewtSync 0.3.

John Anderson
everchanging

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html