Re: [NTLK] A question for Newton programmer-types -- last remaining major hitch in iCal sync

From: Jim Anderson (jiman_at_microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 14:37:58 EST

John wrote:
> No such luck... from the NewtSync log (abridged, anyway):
>=20
> currentSoupName :=3D "Calendar";
> currentQuerySpec :=3D { indexPath:'_uniqueID, beginKey:220,=20
> endKey:220 };
>=20
> This is still returning 0. The _uniqueID slot is a number, correct?

        Hmmm... Yes, the _uniqueID slot is a number. It *should* work (I
just tried it in the Inspector). Here's the code I used:
<start code snippet>
local soup :=3D GetUnionSoup("Calendar");

local curs :=3D soup:Query({indexPath: '_uniqueID, beginKey: 1, endKey:
1});
local e :=3D curs:Entry();
Print(e);
<end code snippet>

        I'm not familiar with SoupLadle, which is what you used to get
the unique ID. I don't suppose the number it returns isn't actually the
_uniqueID slot?

Jim Anderson

Evil Overlord Rule 163:
When planning an expedition, I will choose a route for my forces that
does not go through thick, leafy terrain conveniently located near the
rebel camp.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html