Re: [NTLK] NewtSync - Consider purchasing today...

From: Henry Stukenborg (hjstukenborg_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 00:20:46 EST

John Acuff wrote:

>While I understand the sentiment expressed here, I don't think it's
>realistic to expect folks to buy an app just to support the Newton
>community. If it's something you can use, then yes, you should buy it.

John (and everyone):

Sushi isn't asking anyone to support NewtSync "just to support the
Newton community". He specifically says if you find it useful then buy
it. I agree - if you find something useful then pony up and keep the
good stuff flowing from these guys. It has to be a two way street - they
give and we give in return.

Now as for students without much money - hey, if they can pay for
something now - great, do it. If they need to wait and pay for another
thing later, that's ok in my book. I doubt anyone seriously wants these
students to go without food just to register some software (right
guys?...uh guys?). I'm sure if they can afford to pay they will - but
any working professionals out there can certainly afford the modest fees
these guys are asking for their work. No one is saying buy them all at
once either! Buy one this month, one next, etc. or whatever works into
your budget.

No platform should survive on the basis of charity, but on its merits. I
think we can all agree that the Newton has that in spades.

---
Henry Stukenborg