Re: [NTLK] Next steps for NewtSync? My thoughts...

From: Kenton A. Hoover (shibumi_at_marchordie.org)
Date: Sun Dec 15 2002 - 21:25:11 EST

Depending on which state you work in for Apple, you may or may not get nicked
on that one. In California, the courts have held that the company must have
actually in some way commissioned your work and it has to be related to your
primary employment for the company.

However, they could still just fire you if what you did brought embarassment to
the firm. And Jah knows, Steve Jobs has known reputation for vindictive snits.

--On Thursday, December 12, 2002 8.45 -0800 John Anderson
<dearjohn_at_everchanging.com> wrote:

> Actually a contract that I was forced to sign when I started says
> otherwise. Jobs and Wozniak ran into the same problem when creating the
> Apple II because Woz worked for HP under a similar agreement, but
> luckily HP was too short-sided to have any interest in a personal
> computer.
>
> John Anderson
> everchanging
>

> On Thursday, December 12, 2002, at 05:00 AM, Mark Rollins wrote:
>
>> As long as you do it on your own time on your own computer, and it
>> does not
>> compete with a product from your employer nor cause them to lose sales
>> nor
>> expose them to threat of lawsuit - it's yours, boyo!
>

> --
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html

| Kenton A. Hoover                        |         KC6SST/WPQX842 |
| Private Citizen                         |        +1.415.850.5924 |
| San Francisco, California USA           | shibumi_at_marchordie.org |
|           "The history of the world, my sweet                    |
|            Is who gets eaten and who gets to eat.                |
|            But fortunately, it's also clear                      |
|            That everybody goes down well with beer."             |
|                         -- Sweeney Todd, "Sweeney Todd"          |