Re: [NTLK] NewtSync plug-ins in AppleScript?

From: John Anderson (dearjohn_at_everchanging.com)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 12:13:05 EST

I'm not planning on requiring AppleScript Studio, although you won't be
able to do any custom preferences interface because of that. But I
think it's very worthwhile in order to not require plug-in developers
to download and install Apple's Developer Tools.

I've never used Script Debugger, but I assume if you can accomplish
everything in Script Editor than Script Debugger can handle it as well.
There will need to be some special bundling and plist files, so I'm
currently creating a UI to take a set of AppleScripts and turn them
into a plug-in, as well as allow you to choose which Newton fields you
want to synchronize, and set up other general information. I'm not sure
whether I'm going to make that a separate app or bundle it into
NewtSync. If it's a separate app then I could package it together with
an example or two, and some documentation. If it's part of NewtSync
then it makes the app more cohesive. But an application that creates
plug-ins for itself? Weird. :-)

John Anderson
everchanging

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html