Re: [NTLK] wardriving on a newt (kind of)

From: d0pp13r (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Mon Dec 16 2002 - 13:57:41 EST

> Subject: [NTLK] wardriving on a newt (kind of)
> From: Sam du Rose <samdurose_at_btconnect.com>
>
> From what i can tell, I basically need more settings that my school's
> IT guy just won't hand over (some rubbish to do with network
> security...) My question is: is there any software on the newt that
> will let me lift these settings using the wireless card? Or should I
> try bribing the IT guy?

try to copy some other computers settings, but make sure they dont use VPN.
(there is yet no VPN client for the newt) if they do use VPN, the following
little trick might work for you: steal a fixed ip number and the appropriate
settings for a fixed address and bypass the VPN! (works for me, thanks to
glitches in microsoft security obviously...)

whatever you do, try to disguise your network name in order to avoid being
disovered in logs.

finally, if the school network only works with specific wrieless MAC
addresses, there is no other option than bribing the it guy. you will then
have to register your MAC address in their database. if youre a hacker, you
could of course also steal someones MAC address and re-flash the card.

good luck

                      roman pixell

_________karmatic_experience_group__

         mailto: roman_at_pixell.net