[NTLK] wardriving on a newt (kind of)

From: Sam du Rose (samdurose_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 13:38:27 EST

My school uses a wireless network in some of the science laboratories
and the other day I took in my 2100 w/ wavelan and tried to get online
(anything other than work, right?).

The network gave me an ip address using DCHP but that is as far as it
went, just errors when trying to do anything over the network.

 From what i can tell, I basically need more settings that my school's
IT guy just won't hand over (some rubbish to do with network
security...) My question is: is there any software on the newt that
will let me lift these settings using the wireless card? Or should I
try bribing the IT guy?

Many thanks in gleeful anticipation

- Sam

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html