Re: [NTLK] wardriving on a newt (kind of)

From: FIrE_THInG FIrE_THInG (fire_thing_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 13:57:53 EST

>From: Sam du Rose <samdurose_at_btconnect.com>
>To: Newtontalk <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
>Subject: [NTLK] wardriving on a newt (kind of)
>Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:38:27 +0000
>

>My school uses a wireless network in some of the science laboratories
>and the other day I took in my 2100 w/ wavelan and tried to get online
>(anything other than work, right?).
>
>The network gave me an ip address using DCHP but that is as far as it
>went, just errors when trying to do anything over the network.
>
> From what i can tell, I basically need more settings that my school's
>IT guy just won't hand over (some rubbish to do with network
>security...) My question is: is there any software on the newt that
>will let me lift these settings using the wireless card? Or should I
>try bribing the IT guy?

HEY
i know exactl;y what you mean... same thing for my school.. we have to
connect then give our student number and password.. then restart......you
can only do this for one computer....as i found out when i tried to hook up
my newt......i say bribe the IT guy!!
( i used a friends password...:) who does not have a comp)

good luck!!

-lewis

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html