[NTLK] Installing NCU 1.0 on my Mac makes system hang

From: Chris Fava (chris_at_technotricity.com)
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 19:20:40 EST

Iım a newbie to all that is Newton, and there is just one thing Iım trying
to accomplish right now but I canıt seem to make it work. I tried searching
the archives for an answer but couldnıt find what I needed.

Iım trying to install NCU 1.0 on my Mac running Jaguar, 10.2.3. I have the
NCU disk and when I launch the installer, Classic mode starts up. I am able
to get to the installation screen where I accept the user license. After
this, it says ³Preparing to install...²

And then the system will hang indefinitely.

I tried booting into OS 9 to do the installation, but the same exact thing
occurs. Does anyone know what could be causing the system hang? I donıt
have any anti-virus software running.

If anyone could offer advice, Iıd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Chris Fava

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html