[NTLK] SimpleMail problem

From: John Acuff (jacuff1_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Dec 24 2002 - 17:45:34 EST

Now that I have my Newt connected to my network via ethernet, I would
like to be able to send email. I downloaded and installed SimpleMail,
and finally got it configured (I thought!), but when I tried to send
myself a test message it didn't work. It connected, said it was
sending, and then dis-connected. Then it connected again and I got a
slip that said "server error -ERR syntax error". At first, I thought
that it had sent the message, but then connected again to download
messages, and that was when I got the error. However, the messages I
sent did not come thru on this machine either. Any idea what might be
wrong?
John