Re: [NTLK] Newton OS porting

From: Will Leingang (will.leingang_at_navpress.com)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 16:09:31 EST

> My question is: Has anyone out there heard of or know of
> anyone working on
> porting the Newton OS to a currently available hardware
> package (not a new
> Newton, just the old OS on a new PDA)?

There is unfortunately no current re-distributable Newton OS package for any
platform outside of the newton line. There are a few people however that are
working on a VM to port the Newton OS to a Pocket PC, I wouldn't get too
excited about it though. Briefly, the new OS would run on a linux kernel,
that would in turn load various elements of the Newton OS, such as Rosetta,
or Soup.

Will

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html