[NTLK] Newton OS porting

From: Mark Ezell (mezell_at_eutek.com)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 15:09:32 EST

Hi All,

I'm new to the list so I have no history, if this has been discussed before,
I apologize.

I'm currently not a Newton owner, but I'm looking at buying one. From my
research, it sounds like the Newton OS was one of, if not the best PDA OS
ever made. On the negative side hardware and parts are getting harder to
find, and support.

My question is: Has anyone out there heard of or know of anyone working on
porting the Newton OS to a currently available hardware package (not a new
Newton, just the old OS on a new PDA)?

Thanks,
Mark Ezell

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html