Re: [NTLK] Can't get DragonDemo to work

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 17:29:34 EST

> I got a 2100 for Christmas, and was really pumped that I could use the
speech
> recognition demo, and now I can't get it to work! (I am using just the
demo. No
> DragonHack... yet.)
>
> I start it up, select digits, poke "Start" and it says "Listening"
> At this point, now matter how loud or soft my voice, no matter what
distance I
> hold the microphone from my face, no matter what I set the "Gain" slider
to, no
> matter how many goats I sacrifice in Dragon Systems' honor, nothing
happens.

    There's no problem wtih your mic. DragonDemo was made to work *only*
with an external microphone. That was the first goal of DragonHack.
Install it and you'll be able to use the demo. With DragonHack2, you'll be
able to use it in landscape orientation and even have the recognized words
written anywhere. Speaking numbers will launch some apps, toggle the
backlight and turn pages.

Daniel Padilla

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html