[NTLK] Can't get DragonDemo to work

From: Andrew Thiel (aothiel_at_unity.ncsu.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 17:13:03 EST

I got a 2100 for Christmas, and was really pumped that I could use the speech
recognition demo, and now I can't get it to work! (I am using just the demo. No
DragonHack... yet.)

I start it up, select digits, poke "Start" and it says "Listening"
At this point, now matter how loud or soft my voice, no matter what distance I
hold the microphone from my face, no matter what I set the "Gain" slider to, no
matter how many goats I sacrifice in Dragon Systems' honor, nothing happens.

The "Signal Level" status bar stays empty and nothing ever appears in the
result window. I tested the microphone with a Recording Note, and I don't get
any errors, freezes, or indefinite lightbulb squares at the top of the screen.
I can quit out, start and stop listening without any trouble, but all of my
conversations are disappointingly one-sided.

Thanks in advance!

-A

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html