[NTLK] newbie questions

From: Ed Dyer (edyer_at_allcovered.com)
Date: Sat Dec 28 2002 - 10:07:05 EST

Newtoners,
I've had a MP 2100 for a while now, but am just now getting around to
exploring its possibilities. I am without a serial cable to sync to my
Mac, but would like to add an 802.11 card, so as to add wireless
capabilities to it.

I've heard that a Wavelan 802.11 card will work- is there any real
difference (in terms of Newton) between bronze, silver, and gold?

Will I need a serial connection to install the drivers from my Mac?

What other caveats are there, or things to think about when searching
for info or add-on modules?

Will the Newtsync or "nsync" software allow my Laptop (running Mac OS X
10.2) to sync via airport? (the laptop has a card and I have access to
a base station as well).

Regards,
Ed Dyer

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html