[NTLK] Re - proper site design

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 20:30:59 EST

> While I can't identify the exact problem, it appears that you use some
> rather complex HTML (tables within tables) for a quite straight-forward
> layout.

Nope, not me. NetObjects Fusion does this.

>If you can't find the error, simplify the code -- it often helps.

Unfortunately, I can't influence much of what Fusion generates. I deeply
regret I started this page with Fusion, but it seemed a good idea
back then. Mainly because I have a legal copy and back then I had
no html knowledge whatsoever.

The <noframes> element should go within the <frameset> element.

Yep, I know that by now. But there is no chance to make Fusion create
the code that way. It insists on doing it the wrong way. Anybody know
the feeling of wanting to get hold of a brick to hurl into your
monitor?

> And <frameset> doesn't belong within the <head> element.

Thanks. I can't fix this in Fusion's layout view. So I tried to fix it in
the html source
editor view. The result was that from then on I had two </head> tags and was
unable to remove either, the frameset was still within the head section and
nothing
I did in the layout view made its way into the generated html code after
that.
Good that I am aware what a crappy program this is and thus do backups on
a daily basis. This program is... well... I won't say it.
I wonder how people who sell this kind of cr*p expect anybody to buy a
a second product from them ever again. If I would write my software that
way, my family and me would probably be living under a bridge :-(((
Did I mention I'm perfectly pi**ed? Anybody out there willing to trade a
legal
DreamWeaver copy for an OS2.0 MP120?

Thanks

Frank