Re: [NTLK] Non-standard glyph recognition

From: Mietek (mietek_at_icpnet.pl)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2002 - 20:24:27 EST

    Hi.

>I don't have the first idea about Swedish and you'll probably get a better
>answer from somebody that does, but I just tried to do an 'a' with the
>little circle on top and a 'o' with the diagonal line through it and they
>were both recognized without a problem.

    Can someone with a 2.1 OS Newt try recognizing a character that looks
like an L with a dash through it? Similar to this ASCII-art:

     | |
     |/ |
    /| |

    I'm also wondering - did anyone try to extend the functionality of
the built-in handwriting recognizer? It seems that the only way to do so
is by adding custom dictionaries - but what if I'd want to modify the
glyphs that can be recognized?

    Thanks,