Re: [NTLK] Just need a rant...

From: PaulMmn (PaulMmn_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 11:10:38 EST

Bill Gates could have feared the Newton as a product that would take
off eventually-- after all (he said, in a Micro$oft baiting way),
Micro$oft is great at copying innovation. (:

Of course (he said in an Apple mashing tone), Apple was its own worst
enemy when it came to the Newton-- little advertising, and the only
place you saw the [Newton in a clamshell with a keyboard] was in the
educational market.

And, rumour has it that the amount of money that Bill Gates invested
seems like a lot, but all the rumours I've heard mention that Apple
had a big chunk of cash on hand even through that period. So
although $150 million ain't hay, it wasn't as if Apple was starving.

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn_at_ix.netcom.nospam.com