Re: [NTLK] Charter/Manifesto of NewtonTalk

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 13:32:19 EST

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Ed Kummel wrote:

> Perhaps we should create a charter, vote on it and
> then set it up for the NewtonTalk FAQ and Manifesto.
> Just doing this arbitrarily may cause dissension
> amoungst the ranks.
> This charter should outline what is expected of the
> subscribers, what's required of them as subscribers,
> what can get them kicked off of the list, temporarily
> or permanently (you know, kinda like a "time-out"
> sorta thing) Directions on creating a topic and how to
> reply to both individual topics and digest topics.
> This list is now big enough to warrant something more
> than complete anarchy. I, in no way, sanction
> censoring and have said so in the past many times, And
> I am not doing so with this suggestion either. I just
> think we should have some rules regarding list
> expectations. Strict punnishment should not be the
> responsibility of a single person. complete removal of
> an individual from the list should be done from a core
> group of people voting.
> At least, that's my idea. Any others?

Ed, you must have been reading my mind these past few days. This is
exactly what I plan on doing. I just ask that you be a little patient, as
I am very swamped right now and I am leaving for a week's vacation to
sunny Florida soon, where I will wash away some stress and, knowing me,
come up with some good ideas. Sometime after I come back, I will be
organizing this, don't you worry.