Re: [NTLK] Did I get a decent deal

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 21:33:03 EST

on 12/02/02 21:20, Mike Drabicki at drabicki_at_mac.com wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 12, 2002, at 08:02 PM, JB wrote:
>>
>> If I'm enjoying this you 2000 owners must love it.
>>
>> Next question though....whats the story with the operating system. What
>> is
>> running on the 100 and should I update to 2.0. I have found Apple's ftp
>> area
>> with the Newt OS's
>>
>> JB
>
> You can't upgrade the OMP to OS 2. To use NOS 2.x you need a MP 2x00.
> There may be an update you can install. check the FAQ for info about
> which Newtons can use which updates. It also tells where to check to see
> which NOS you are currently running.

Actually, the very first unit to run the NOS 2.0 was the MP120. An MP2x00
runs NOS 2.1, like the eMate.

-Laurent.

elder days n.: The heroic age of hackerdom (roughly, pre-1980); the era of the PDP-10, TECO, ITS, and the ARPANET. This term has been rather consciously adopted from J. R. R. Tolkien's fantasy epic "The Lord of the Rings". Compare Iron Age; see also elvish and Great Worm.